Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday, November 7th

Yesterday in class we reunited with our groups from the day before and finished filling out our charts. As we were doing this we were each called into the hallway 1 by 1 to vote in the mock election for our school. Obama ended up winning which I wasn't too thrilled about, yet I wasn't surprised either, but that's a topic for another day. When we returned from lunch we looked at different amendments and tried to see how the supported slavery and did not support slavery. I found this to be rather interesting because it really made you look at some of the laws our country was formed upon. We were the assigned an essay due next Friday.

Today in class we took some classic Mr.Boyle power point notes about slavery and the cotton business and how it become much more efficient after a machine used to sort it was invented so rather than 20-50 slaves working, only 2 or 3 needed to. Then after we were  done with our notes we read a document and answered questions about it. Then we shared out answers with a partner that had a different document.

My 30 day challenge is still going strong. Yesterday I had a really long day of dance. I had classes from 4-9. I had Performance Team where we worked on our dances for the holiday showcase and for the Celtics game we are dancing at. Then I had jazz, where we do most of our stretching. We did our usual warmups with splits and extensions and then we did an ab workout. 5 leg lifts with your head off the ground and then 10 push-ups and we did that 5 times. Then we did flying v's and planks. Then in ballet we were working at the barre and my teacher, who is also a physical therapist told me that it's very possible that I have some tendinitis in my hips so she showed my some stretches I can use for that. Then today I had Performance team again and another Ballet class which we do lots of stretching in.

No comments:

Post a Comment