Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday, November 19th

On Friday in class we received a story called "Uncle Toms Cabin" it was about a slave hunter Haley who hires a professional slave hunter to hunt down a slave named Eliza who is described as being, "handsome." I found it strange that the referred to women as being handsome back then because I know if someone were to call me handsome today I would be rather insulted

Today in class we discussed the story in more depth and then went on into a discussion about the fugitive slave law and what the consequences were if you directly or indirectly helped a slave escape. Even them sleeping on your lawn without you know was considered helping them and was punishable by law with a fine and many years in jail.

I am not going to lie and say that my 30 day challenge hasn't had its days that I have forgotten to do it. With homecoming around the corner I have been staying after school until around 5 every day to help decorate and then by the time I get home and do my immense amounts of homework, I'm falling asleep already. Hopefully with thanksgiving break ill be able to make up for some lost time and stretch more.

No comments:

Post a Comment