Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday, November 26

Wow its been a really long time so I cant remember most of what we did in class considering it was an entire week ago. Homecoming and dropping a class made it so we couldn't have class on Tuesday or Wednesday  The Sophomores didn't lose even though everything wasn't very good. Especially our decorations because no one listens to me when I tell them that tape wont stick to brick overnight...maybe someday they'll learn. anyways rant over.

So on Monday I believe we took a further look into Uncle Toms Cabin...or maybe we talked about something else? I literally have no idea to be honest. I'm sure Mr.Boyle gave us a paper, told us to read it, then we talked about it, he throws in some witty comments, Caleb says something either surprisingly intelligent or extremely strange and contradictory to whatever we are discussing. My friend Haley, in her PoliSci class talked about national spending and how war affects it. Shes in Mr.Richards class. I had him last year and it was pretty fun. Well anyways back to American Studies.

Today in class we talked about the Kansas Nebraska act and how they were given up to popular sovereignty to decide to be slave states or not. The north didn't like the idea of that and the South did basically because it was in the Souths favor and not the Norths. We also talked about "Bleeding Kansas" and hoe abolitionists led by John Brown attacked and killed 5 proslavery settlers and by the mid 1850's killed more that 200 people. We also talked about Charles Sumner and how he referred to Butler as "Hirelings picked from the drunken spew and vomit of an uneasy civilization." aka, throwup...

My 30 day challenge is failing miserably. I always sit down on my floor to stretch and then I feel how sore I am and decide to go eat icecream instead. I lack motivation extremely. This weekend we had 2 parades, the North Andover and Andover Santa Parades and it was so cold that its impossible to keep your muscles warm and we had to dance the whole parade so I am currently rather sore. I have dance tomorrow so that will force me to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment