Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday, October 8th

Yesterday in class we talked about what we learned the day before about the Declaration of Independence  We grouped up and shared our findings with the rest of the group. Sometimes sharing this way frustrates me because people talk so fast and you cant write down everything they're saying. I guess i should learn to write faster. After that we discussed what our word is worth. This was interesting to me. I often found myself wondering what is more effective. a signature? or a handshake? If you have a signature you have proof, but it could be forged. If you handshake you have verbal agreement with the person, but they can go back on their word. I enjoyed being able to have a class discussion and voice your opinion.

Today in class Mr.Boyle was not there which made me very sad. I am not a fan of substitutes because they don't know what they're talking about and never give us the right information. The assignment was on the board so I was expecting her to give brief instructions, hand out the document and let us have the period to do the essay. However, that did not happen. She spent the first 30 minutes talking about what we were supposed to do and telling us how much she loved the document and that if we are true Americans we will love it too. While I appreciated her thorough instructions there was not nearly enough time to get anything done. We got going but every 10 minutes or so would chime in with something else. I am the type of person that needs to focus on what I'm doing and not stop or I lose my train of thought. Before I knew it I had ten minutes left and had just finished reading and analyzing the document. I wrote down what I could but I really did not have any sort of essay so I am praying those aren't being graded. Everyone else got it done so fast and I simply don't know how. I think I'm just slow. I'm not sure. Well atleast it was last period so we went home after.

My apologies for the vent. have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment