Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Flipped Classroom/Snap Debate

There were four main causes that were thought to have started the war of 1812

They included,
         Impressment, which was when the royal navy boarded the american ships and taking citizens that they believed to be british(once a british citizen always a british citizen) to join their navy. The Chesapeake Affair which was impressment, with the british startinng to shoot the ships causing jefferson to sign the embargo act, not allowing americans to trade. The orders in council which restricted trade between everyone in france in response to Napolean taking over. And finally incitement which was when war haws believed that the british were arming and organizing american indians.

My group was defending Chesapeake Affair. We believed that this was a main cause because of the fact that it was putting US sovereignty in jeopardy, and was an actual start to violence.

I, after hearing the other arguments decided to switch the the incitement side for the reason that it was the only thing that was really effecting the US directly on US soil and was so close to them. Many of the other causes were effecting other countries more than the US

Honestly i dont know what i think about this flipped classroom nonsense so far. I dont really like it right now because I dont feel that its necissary to start changing the way the class has been all year at the start of the last stretch of the year. I personally have adjusted and grown to love how class had been in the past. I dont mind sitting and taking notes and I think that it makes more sense to learn in class and do activities out of class. I feel like im not going to learn as much teaching myself and may end up learning some things the wrong way.

However, if this is how mr.boyle wishes to run the class, I respect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment