Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday March 6th

Sadly yesterday i was out sick so if I told you that I knew what happened in class I would definitely be lying

Today I was back in class and we watched a documentary on the killing of Emmet Till and it discussed in the movie how it was essentially the start to the civil rights movement. It was referred to as the, "spark" and it made people want to fight back for something they believe/believed in. I found the documentary to be very interesting. That's one of my favorite parts about history class is that there's proof for almost everything whether it be videos or pictures. That also why I like history more in the 1800's-2000's. Second semester definitely brought more interesting topics with it. There's much more room for discussion and opinions when things are more recent and allow you to relate to them a little more

No comments:

Post a Comment