Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday, December 5th

Yesterday in class we looked at the different candidates for president in the 1860 election. We started off by looking at a picture in which the 4 candidates were showing their ideas of slavery and such metaphorically by either tearing down the picture, or trying to glue it back together. I thought this was interesting because parts of it was open to interpretation and some was very straight forward and there was also some humor built in with making fun of the height of one of the candidates. (short people are the bomb, just sayin'...sorry Boyle...)

Today we had an Ed Cafe on the people that we did our voice threads. I think it would have been much easier to have this closer to when they were due because I was rather rusty on the facts of my person but I think i did a fairly good job explaining myself. Daniel Webster wasn't all that important so I didn't have much to argue. I also wish we had some class time to ask some questions about the study guide for tomorrows test. I personally had some things to ask but since we weren't given time i stayed a little later to ask and I am very glad I did because the essay questions make a lot more sense now and I feel more comfortable knowing that I will have less surprises.

The 30 day challenge officially ended and I am kinda disappointed in myself for not committing better to it. With school and dance and Nutcracker rehearsals whenever I had a day off from dance the last thing I wanted to do was stretch. I should have picked something I could have done better. Oh well.
 Now to go study for the test tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment